Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Walk

Well, spring has officially begun! The trees are just starting to bud. On Saturday it got up to about 13 degrees Celsius on my thermometer (55.4 Fahrenheit for those living in one of three countries that still does not use the metric system). That seemed pretty warm compared to what we're use to so I grabbed my camera and a sweater and went for a walk. The snow is melting quickly, but there was still quite a lot in the woods. It had a pretty hard crust so I could just walk along the top without sinking in too much. After a couple hours in the sun, though, the snow warmed up and my crust softened causing me to routinely sink up to about mid-thigh which slowed me down a bit. It turned into quite a workout.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the second picture!!! Well, I love them all, but I'm such a huge fan of the blurring out into the background technique haha. Plus it's such an interesting subject/shape!! And of course, I love the contrast of the blue birdhouse. SO cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second photo is very striking indeed. Sounds like a great experience. There is practically no snow left here now. Are there really only 3 countries left that use Fahrenheit? :)

    ReplyDelete