Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary! (To me!)

I started this blog one year ago today! Time flies. I think I learned a lot over the last year. I started out mostly in auto mode with the kit lens (EF-S 18-55), JPEG mode, with no post processing, and I didn't know what white balance was. Now I'm mostly in Aperture Priority, sometimes manual. I've added two more lenses to my bag, mostly RAW, and everything goes through post processing.

Stats:
  • Over 460 photos
  • 141 posts
  • Almost 4,000 visits from
  • 930 unique people
  • Visitors from 60 countries

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations ! I'm sure lots of people started with using auto mode without using photoshop. But as one gets to taking better pictures, one tends to explore further using other modes. Is a trial & error kind of method that push us to take better pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation buddy. You influenced me to start photography and you also tough me a lot.

    You're doing a great job so far. Keep it up buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I've had my blog for several years, but my friends and I just finished a challenge to post a photo-a-day-for-a-year. I saw each one of us grow photographically--it was fun to see how we each became more adventurous and creative.

    I like the photo in your most recent post, but I don't share your sentiments about the snow not lasting long enough. Five minutes of snow is too much for me. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you acted on the thought to start a photo blog. Since I don't live in NB any more, it sure is nice to see pictures!!! Thanks!!!
    ~Dwayne

    ReplyDelete