Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Computer Broke

After 18 years of using hard drives I've never had one completely fail on me. Until last night. The computer works all right, I just can't access that drive, the one with all my photos! Yeah, that one. I've got them backed up, of course (You do do back ups, right??), but my backup is more of a dump, not very organized. So now I need to find another drive, get it in and get organized again. Good excuse to get a bigger drive, I guess, I was starting to run low on space. Hopefully I won't be out of commission for too long.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that,
    here's to a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate computer problems. Have you thought of having someone try to retrieve your images from your hard drive. I know a few people who were successful in having that done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if it's not too far gone I can usually fix it myself, but it's making some nasty noises so I think it's toast. I'd need someone more advanced then the local computer shop. Not worth the $$ since I have a backup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..This is bad..But You'll get it resolved quickly..BTW I have started a new blog dedicated to my sketch work — Art on Sketchbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh...I feel your pain, a photographer's worst nightmare!! Why is it always the one with the photos that screws up?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is awful.

    I am also letting you know I left you an award on my Learning Along the Way blog. :)

    ReplyDelete